Senior z/OS Tape Hardware and Media Management Software Developer
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Location: This position is available in our USA headquarters located in Little Falls NJ.
Work on our FATSCOPY and CLOUDVTB products.
The candidate must have a solid understanding of the IBM Systems z mainframe and storage system architectures, as well as expertise in their interfaces, systems and services e.g. CCW/EXCP access to disk and tape storage systems, IOS sub-system, allocation / de-allocation, z/OS catalog internals, system exits, multi-tasking, FRR processing, resource serialization and real-time locking techniques.
The candidates should have extensive hands-on experience developing z/OS system software products
and have skills associated with writing to and reading from Cloud Storage and network storage (i.e.NFS,HTTP).
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in z/OS software development.
Ability to write assembler programs utilizing z/OS supervisor state key zero, real memory, virtual memory, multi-processor locking and serialization, GRS, etc.
- Detailed knowledge of several of the following:
- Knowledge of RMM, CA-1 (TMS), TLMS and UNIX System Services (USS).
- Experience developing system intercepts in such components such as Open/Close, Allocation, EOV processing, Address Termination, etc.
- EXCP I/O level processing, with experience building channel programs, DIE exit processing, dynamic hook insertion and management in the IOS subsystem, as well as a detailed understanding of I/O interrupt handling (normal and abnormal)
- Expertise with one or more of the following subsystems:
- z/OS Systems Managed Storage catalog structures
- z/OS IOS control block structures
- z/OS disk and tape volume control block structures
- Knowledgeable with IOS level channel programming and overall IOS flow, including but not limited to control blocks and I/O flow such as the IOB, IOSB, CCW, FLIH and SLIH, Disabled Interrupt Exits, etc.
- Experience working with tape storage management related products, especially in the area of device and volume allocation management, data replication, tape media management systems and z/OS catalog management.
- Experience with TS7700 virtual tape libraries, EMC DLm
- Ability to diagnose problems using dumps and software tools e.g. IPCS, GTF, and XDC
- Experience with IBM and other vendors’ problem management reporting systems
Send your resume and salary requirements to email@example.com