The FDR/UPSTREAM family of products provides a robust, scalable, business continuance solution that is highly reliable and features high speed performance for data protection and business resiliency. With its extensive platform support and choices of Storage Servers UPSTREAM provides features unlike any solution on the market today and is truly an enterprise wide solution. The UPSTREAM suite provides a centralized solution that is verifiable with the highest degree of data protection and with its support for databases and SAN Storage Arrays, provides the highest degree of data availability.
FDR/UPSTREAM allows organizations to leverage and enhance the mainframe's traditional strengths
by providing industrial strength file level backup and restore facilities.
FDR/UPSTREAM provides file level backups directly to z/OS mainframe tape or DASD. UPSTREAM
backups/restores and file transfers can be Automatically Initiated from the z/OS mainframe and
can be completely automated with exception reporting thus combining the backup of critical open
systems data into existing Disaster Recovery plans!
FDR/UPSTREAM uses the z/OS tape management, Security and Scheduling systems, to allow multiple
simultaneous backups and restore operations. UPSTREAM offers several unique data reduction techniques
to minimize the amount of data to be sent to tape and provides a powerful solution for both distributed
data, as well as Linux for zSeries, and features include:
- File level support such as backup, restore, file transfer migration, and other UPSTREAM storage management features
- Data DeDuplication features such as full merge synthetic backup, Duplicate File Support, Segmented backup support
- Online database support for DB2 Universal Server, Lotus Notes, SQL Server, Oracle, MS Exchange, GroupWise
- JAVA GUI interfaces and ISPF panels to monitor and control UPSTREAM, in addition to Command line, character mode,
and UPSTREAM Client user interface
- A variety of file system features including hard links, symbolic links, owners, NFS, single file system support, etc.
- Vaulting option to produce an offsite tape copy for disaster recovery
- Extensive reporting that can be customized
- Mainframe migration facility migrates disk backups to tape
- Bi-directional true file transfer capabilities with selectable ASCII/EBCDIC translation
- Multiple levels of AES Encryption
FDRSOS and UPSTREAM/SOS support ESCON, FICON, SCSI and Fiber attachments.
FDR/UPSTREAM can be used in just about any environment.
UPSTREAM can backup any device with a supported platform, such as remote
computer including laptops and mobile units, provided that they have
some connection to the storage server.
UPSTREAM can also be configured to use ESCON or FICON connected network
channel cards that emulate standard IBM control units. These cards have
been designed for optimal performance and to provide an easy-to-implement
solution for connecting open systems to IBM mainframes.
applications online, in production and more aligned
with 24 x 7 operation will help
the organizations bottom line. Not having
to shut the database or messaging system down to perform
backups seems like a sound business model and with
UPSTREAM's database and messaging
systems "agents", the model can be reality. FDR/UPSTREAM provides
supports online, "hot" backup agents for Oracle, Lotus
Notes Domino, SQL Server and Exchange,
and DB2 (Universal Database Server).
FDR/UPSTREAM offers Stand Alone Restore (SAR) Capability
Restore) is a powerful feature of FDR/UPSTREAM where you can use
a Windows machine with a SCSI or Fibre attached tape drive to perform
disaster recovery restores without UPSTREAM/MVS. Some
of its features include:
- Restore of backups from any system supported by UPSTREAM including UNIX
- File-by-file or physical disk restores.
- Support of virtually all SCSI or Fibre tape drives. No tape driver is required.
- Browser based interface allows remote administration.
- No tape preparation required. Request the restore from your UPSTREAM client,
pop in your host tape and your restore immediately begins.
- Support of all UPSTREAM/MVS tapes generated including vault tapes.
- Restores in locations where you do not have mainframe access.
- Tape drive-speed restores. For Windows PC there is no network overhead.
- Multi-tasking if you have multiple tape drives you can run multiple simultaneous
- Similar to UPSTREAM/MVS, UPSTREAM SAR runs as a single task on your
Windows machine servicing a web-browser based console as well as multiple inquiries and restores.
Click here for more information on FDR/UPSTREAM's Database Solutions
Protect Data When it Leaves Your Control & Meet Privacy and Privileged Information Protection
Regulations. CRYPT is an option to FDR/UPSTREAM & UPSTREAM RESERVOIR. CRYPT is designed to
protect the data on your BACKUPS against unauthorized access by anyone who does not possess
the proper encryption.
Protect Backups Intended for Transport and Off-Site Storage
Secure, Fast, Efficient and Economical
Key Management Selections
- Advancing levels of Encryption, including AES, Allow Security with Balance
- Randomly Generate or User Specified Unique Key Per Individual Backup
Click here For more information about CRYPT's use with FDR/UPSTREAM & UPSTREAM RESERVOIR.
return to top