Bring all the benefits of FDRPAS to migrating your z/VM and Linux for System z volumes.
- FDRPASVM monitor tasks allow z/VM systems to stay up and available.
- FDRPASVM allows…
- Users to swap active z/VM user volumes
- FDRPASVM tracks all updates…
- Made by z/VM and virtual machine guests
- FDRPASVM enables non-disruptive migration of volumes containing…
- z/VM mini-disks, full pack mini-disks, and volumes dedicated for CMS users
- Linux for System z and other guest’s file systems
- FDRPASVM is an option to FDRPAS for z/OS volumes but can be licensed with or without licensing FDRPAS for z/OS.
FDRPAS main swap task, running on z/OS, copies a z/VM source volume to a z/VM target volume.
- z/VM intercepts installed to source volumes monitor all changes.
- z/OS main SWAP task copies the source to the target volume
- FDRPASV volume swap thread passes changes to z/OS main SWAP
- z/OS main SWAP task recopies changed tracks
- When source and target volumes are in sync, FDRPASV uses z/VM system
HyperSwap command to swap the volume on z/VM
- Target volume becomes the source volume for z/VM applications
- FDRPASV intercepts are removed
return to top